November 14-20, 2022 is the 8th annual National Apprentice Week (NAW). NAW is a nationwide celebration to showcase the success of these very important individuals in the construction industry. Registered Apprenticeship is a proven industry-driven training model that provides a pipeline into this line of work. This system consists of work-based learning that fulfills the needs of the industry by preparing workers for skilled trades, combining on the job learning with classroom instruction.
Tri-North Builders, Inc. works with a few different organizations regarding our apprentices – North Central States Regional Council of Carpenters, Laborers’ International Union of North America (LiUNA), and Operative Plasterers’ and Cement Masons’ International Association (OPCMIA). Apprenticeship is a win-win solution – it offers benefits to the apprentice and to the employer. Job security as an apprentice is typically very good, as the extensive training involved reduces turnover due to the entry way into a career that is closed to those with a lack of experience.
The U.S. Department of Labor will highlight the following key themes during National Apprenticeship Week:
- Monday, Nov. 14: Registered Apprenticeship in New and Emerging Industries
- Tuesday, Nov. 15: Pre-Apprenticeship and Youth Apprenticeship
- Wednesday, Nov. 16: Expanding Registered Apprenticeship to Underserved Populations
- Thursday, Nov. 17: Women in Apprenticeship
- Friday, Nov. 18: Public Service Apprenticeship and Veterans in Apprenticeship